Wednesday 13 April 2011

Scream









Due to the release of the new Scream film I thought it would be interesting to see the growth in design that the film posters have had over the years... I'm a big fan of the most recent one, using the shape of the mask to turn into a knife is cool! The first is a little too 'Silence of the Lambs' for me, and I suppose the other two worked for the era they were designed in, still not a massive fan though. It's nice to see that they have kept the same typeface and the same distinctive 'm' throughout all 4 posters. When you take a step back and look at them all, you begin to see the links throughout each design - The Evolution of the Scream poster... I think I'm going to have a 'Scream Marathon' before heading to the cinema to watch the new one!

No comments: