Thursday 15 July 2010

The Helvetica Disease


-
After watching the Helvetica film, I found it very interesting to see different opinions of the font, from highly rated designers and typographers.
I came to the conclusion that I love the font, and it can be used for almost anything if used correctly, BUT designers should not limit themselves to this one typeface.
For this poster I used Pentagon Design, a Bridgend based design agency as the subject for the design.
The reasoning behind this poster is to show how Helvetica is everywhere, almost like a disease, and Pentagon Design were the most recent victims.
I used Pentagon's logo to create DNA, I then changed their DIN typeface to Helvetica, to show the transition of the Helvetica take over.
Just a bit of fun, for my design a thing a day project (when I have time).
http://www.pentagondesign.co.uk

No comments: